Assistant Director of Operations
Directors and Program Managers
September 16, 2022
Posted September 6, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Business Officer II/Assistant Director of Operations serves as senior administrator who will supervise and monitor the internal operations of the agency to ensure efficient and effective management. This position performs difficult, complex professional executive managerial work in planning, organizing and managing internal Fiscal, IT, training/onboarding, performance management and Administrative operations. This position will ensure compliance with fiscal policy, oversee organizational changes and have major input on personnel and budgetary matters. This position develops, prepares, presents, and manages the Social Services’ annual budget. This work is performed independently under the agency director's supervision. This position serves as part of the agency Executive Leadership, Management, and Leadership teams while working closely with the Assistant Director of Services and Agency Director. This employee must respond to disasters as needed in accordance with the Alamance County DSS policy or upon the declaration of a state of emergency by the Alamance County Emergency Management Office. Responsibilities
- Directs the daily activities of the majority of the staff through three high level Program Managers and three supervisors while evaluating ensuring successful operations of the agency.
- Develops, prepares, presents and manages the Social Services' annual budget.
- Ensures compliance with fiscal policy,' oversight of organizational changes, and will have input on personnel and budget concerns.
- Serves as an individual on the agency's disasters and response team per agency policy and upon declaration of a state of emergency by AC Emergency Management Office.
- Provides guidance in personnel matters, including employee selection, assignments, evaluation and discipline.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other County departments, state and government official and representatives of community organizations in areas of common interests, in order to solicit input, assess needs, develops priorities and maintains efficient and effective programs.
- Attends Board of County Commissioners' meetings as required.
- Preforms other related duties as assigned.