Income Maintenance Caseworker II
$29,153.00 - $45,469.00
Open Until Filled
Posted September 1, 2021
Wayne County Department of Social Services
To Apply: Submit a completed DSS application found on the Wayne County DSS website. The application is listed under Tools in the job opportunities section. Applications may be submitted electronically. Applications can be mailed to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Resumes or other forms of applications will not be accepted in place of the designated DSS application. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.
301 N. Herman Street
Description of Job Duties: This caseworker is assigned to a unit within the Economic Services Section. The primary purpose of this position is to assess all childcare requests. This includes determining initial eligibility for new applicants, re-determining eligibility for ongoing caseloads and completing changes in situations as they occur. This includes interviewing the customer, verifying information, determining eligibility, maintaining case file records, communicating with internal units. Other duties may be assigned to the worker when deemed necessary by the Supervisor. This position is also responsible for answering general inquiries by phone or in person and making referrals to other program areas or agencies in the community when needed. This position is required to maintain and monitor continual compliance for all program requirements and respond to the customer’s needs for assistance regarding their eligibility during the time the case is open and to close the case when the customer is no longer eligible. This worker must use the online NC FAST Program, Manuals, and DCDEE Administrative Letters as appropriate. This employee is expected to make the final decision in determining eligibility by applying written policy, but be able to recognize situations that should be referred to the supervisor for clarification. This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot, if issued a DSS iPad) as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive/send tasks
Educational/Experience Requirements:IMC II
- One year of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker
- Graduation from an accredited associate degree program a) Human Services Technology b) Social Services Associate c) Paralegal Technology d) Business Administration e) Secretarial Science f) Closely related curriculum; or
- Graduation from high school and two years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included: Negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks with at least one year of such experience being in an income maintenance program; or
- Graduation from high school and three years of paraprofessional, clerical or other public contact experience which included: negotiating, interviewing, explaining information, gathering and compiling of data, analysis of data and/or the performance of mathematical or legal tasks; or
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.