Income Maintenance Caseworker II
December 28, 2020
Posted December 11, 2020
Carteret County Department of Social Services
210 Craven Street
Assists clients who are in need of public assistance programs and services such as Medicaid, Work First, and Food Nutrition, etc. Work involves receiving and processing applications for public assistance in accordance with established rules, regulations, and procedures including interviewing applicants for assistance to determine eligibility, making referrals, coordinating with outside community agencies for the provision of assistance and services, and interpreting policies and procedures. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Income Maintenance Supervisor II and is evaluated by a review of records, reports, discussions, client feedback, and by observation.
- Receives and processes applications for public assistance in accordance with established rules, regulations, and procedures; explains program requirements, policies, and procedures to applicants; assists clients with completing program application forms.
- Interviews applicants for assistance to determine their eligibility; researches and verifies information provided by applicants.
- Makes referrals to other community services or agency services.
- Prepares reports and other types of correspondence; maintains case logs; prepares and maintains files and records; enters a variety of data into a variety of computer systems.
- Provides technical expertise to medical personnel and social work staff on issues impacting client eligibility.
- Determines and implements the most economical means to access the appropriate services needed.
- Responds to identified changes in client cases.
- Monitors programs and notifies supervisor of any issues.
- Approves and reconciles vendor invoices for payments.