Social Work Assistant
Family and Children’s Services
October 22, 2021
Posted October 8, 2021
Catawba County Social Services
3030 11th Avenue Drive SE
Catawba County Social Services is committed to making living better through providing assistance and support to social work staff to assure appropriate and comprehensive service delivery to children and families experiencing foster care. We are seeking an individual who shares our common core values: Doing what’s right:
- Assisting foster care social workers in providing mandated services to children in DSS custody.
- Working as a team member to achieve permanency for children experiencing foster care and assisting in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children in foster care.
- Working with foster care social workers and other administrative staff to ensure the needs of children experiencing foster care are met.
- Correctly completing mandated eligibility paperwork to ensure maximization of funding while complying with State and Federal mandates.
- Completes a variety of tasks to provide general assistance with case to social workers, including but not limited to, completion of written notifications, letters and other documentation, review and imaging of documentation, completion of purchase orders, contacting placement providers, acting a liaison between families, children, parents, placement providers, social workers, human resource aides, and other agency staff, performing paternity testing, and assistance with audits
- Completes child welfare services specific entry paperwork including gathering and requesting information as needed
- Completes forms and other documentation regarding child welfare funding
- Completes applications for services and financial support
- Transports children to and from court order visits including coordinating schedules with social workers, foster parents, and family members, providing direct supervision as needed, and assessing needs and facilitating a positive visitation experience
- Collection of data
- Provides occasional back-up for administrative assistants and other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field; or
- Associate degree in Human Services and 1 year of experience in performing casework or other similar tasks; or
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 3 years of experience in performing casework or other similar tasks
- Valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Ability to remain calm during crisis or difficult situations
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize with little direction
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills and attention to detail
- This is considered medium work; ability to lift up to 50 pounds to carry children, car seats, and other equipment/supplies needed.