Social Worker III

Work Type
Adult Services

Position Number

$37,929.00 - $59,158.00

Closing Date
April 14, 2021
Posted March 31, 2021

Agency Name
Wayne County Department of Social Services

Work County

Job Contact
To Apply: Submit a completed PD-107 (state application) and copies of transcripts to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.

Job Location
301 N. Herman Street
North Carolina
Job Description

Description of Job Duties:    The primary purpose of this position is to provide intensive social work and custody services to adults who have been adjudicated incompetent and for whom the Director of Wayne County Department of Social Services (WCDSS) has been appointed legal guardian. This position involves intensive individual and family assessments in complicated and severe cases often involving severe medical and/or emotional disorders and mental illnesses. Adult’s situations are often traumatic and include family dysfunction, placement, chronic and terminal medical diagnoses, and severe and persistent mental health diagnoses. This position involves mobilizing services, working comprehensively with a multi-disciplinary team, and ensuring the adult’s needs are met in the least restrictive setting. This position develops individualized case plans to address the ongoing needs for the adult to ensure they are receiving proper care and supervision.   This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments (Compass Co-Pilot is issued a DSS iPad) as required by the position to do but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, and receive/send tasks. This position also serves as backup APS and is on rotation after work hours.   Educational/Experience Requirements:
  • Master's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work; or
  • Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited school of social work and one year directly related experience; or
  • Master's degree in counseling in a human services field and one year of social work or counseling; or
  • Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university and two years directly related experience; or
  • Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of directly related experience.
(Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.)