SW I/A&T – On Call (After Hours)
Family and Children’s Services
August 21, 2022
Posted July 21, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Alamance County Department of Social Services is seeking an On-Call (After Hours) Social Worker Investigative/Assessment and Treatment (SW I/A&T) in the Child Protective Services Unit. Within this position the worker would have the primary purpose of providing protection for children under 18 years of age and disabled adults under 21 years of age who are alleged to be abused and/or neglected by their parents or caretaker and/or are dependent. Within this position the worker would be primarily responsible for being available on-call after business hours, every other weekend and on some holidays as response to some of these calls will require immediate attention for ensuring safety. This position requires a thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices and their applications to complex casework, treatment and investigation of abuse or neglect of children; thorough knowledge of policies and procedures as evidenced by the ability to cite the authority of federal and state law; thorough knowledge of individual and group behavior family dynamics, medical, behavioral and/or psychosocial problems and their treatment theory. Responsibilities
- Responsible for initiating and conducting Family and Investigative Assessments.
- Responds to a myriad of requests from all areas of child welfare including: follow-up home visits for assessments, in-home services and foster care cases.
- Responsible for initiating Adult Protective Services and Adult Services cases and follow-up contacts at homes or facilities.
- Transports clients safely and responsibly.
- Prepares investigative reports for the court, case record, narratives for all contacts made during the investigation and treatment plans effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for court preparation and testimony as an expert witness for court cases and hearings.
- Works with the public who at times may not agree with the laws, rules or policies of the process or the program and must motivate and interact for the safety of all involved.