Administrative Assistant II
Family and Children’s Services
$38,665.04 - $63,797.32
August 12, 2022
Posted July 29, 2022
Catawba County Department of Social Services
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
SALARY RANGE: $38,665.04 - $63,797.32 (Compensation negotiable within the salary range for fully qualified applicants. Salary rates are based on education, skill, and experience level as well as internal equity and market rates.) Catawba County Social Services is recruiting a highly self-motivated administrative support professional to function independently to provide support for the Children’s Advocacy & Protection Center (CAPC), which is a non-profit agency located in Conover. This Administrative Assistant II position combines a small office manager role with the need to be sensitive to clients that have suffered trauma. In this position, you will provide administrative support, financial record keeping and grant reporting to the CAPC Director, Board of Directors, and multi-disciplinary team. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fiscal management support, including maintenance of QuickBooks, accounts receivable, accounts payable, making deposits, bank reconciliations, and reporting
- Preparation of multiple grant documents including and completing fiscal reports.
- Office and Board support including reception and answering of phones, scheduling appointments, meeting clients and occasionally supervising children, giving tours, ordering supplies, maintenance of files, preparing materials for Board members and potential donors, meeting set up, and other general office support duties
- Fund development, including holiday mailings, assisting with planning of events, and coordinating acknowledgements to donors
- Input of Mental Health surveys and other data as well as running of various reports
- Coordination facility maintenance
- Preparation of agendas and other documents for the board meeting Recording minutes at the board meeting
- Coordination of the Center’s webpage with web designer
- High school graduation or equivalent and four years of job related experience including one year of administrative or office management experience; or
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field and two years of related experience including one year of administrative or office management experience; or
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related field and six months of administrative or office management experience; or
- Equivalent combination of training and experience
- A valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Ability to work well independently as this individual often works alone to coordinate the use of the building during absence of executive staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the capability to work at ease with other professionals and adults, as well as children
- Strong organizational and extensive multi-tasking skills
- Good understanding of finances, including experience managing financial data for grants, bank reconciliations, QuickBooks, and excel spreadsheets
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word
- This position is considered light work; lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Experience in Quick Books, Gift Works and web based tracking programs is preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) ability is a plus.