Child Welfare Program Manager
Directors and Program Managers, Family and Children’s Services
$59,352.38 - $91,996.19 Annually
September 3, 2020
Posted August 26, 2020
Carteret County DSS
Jaime Long Director of Human Resources email@example.com 302 Court House Square Beaufort, NC 28516 Ph: 252-728-8405 (HR Main)
210 Craven Street
Performs difficult advanced human support work coordinating and supervising social work programs, training and supervising social work staff, assigning cases and managing caseloads, collaborating with community service providers to meet the needs of clients, overseeing the preparation and maintenance of files and records, and preparing reports. This position works in conjunction with the Human Services Deputy Director to oversee administrative services for the agency, as well as the supervision of the Services Units. This position represents the Deputy Director in a variety of ways and acts as the person in charge in the Deputy Director’s absence. Coordinates and supervises the County’s child welfare social work programs. Work involves ensuring the proper administration of multiple programs, ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations, monitoring program expenditures, surveying and developing programs, coordinating with outside community agencies for the provision of assistance and services, and interpreting policies and procedures. Work is performed under the general direction of the Consolidated Human Services Deputy Director – Social Services and is evaluated by the review of records, reports, discussions, client feedback, observation, and overall quality of work. Continuous supervision is exercised over assigned social work units. Duties and Responsibilities include: Plans with unit supervisors to ensure delivery of services, allocation of staff and other resources, coordinates with other divisions in the agency and organizations within the community; assists with agency planning process as member of management team; serves on State and regional committees to provide input on developing new policies and procedures.
- Confers with unit supervisors on issues that impact on program goals, objectives, policies, and the delivery of services; recommends changes in organization, work flow, and new programs to agency Deputy Director; delegates daily operational issues to program supervisors.
- Recommends budgetary needs for services programs based on input from unit supervisors and analysis of reports and information; may assist in explaining to local boards; and monitors expenditures.
- Ensures that supervisors provide necessary on-the-job training and arranges for training by State staff and other professionals; provides orientation to new employees; assesses training process and makes necessary modifications.
- Ensures compliance with county, state, and federal laws, regulations and policies as well as professional ethics through discussions with supervisors and staff, community professionals, and State officials.
- Reviews quality and quantity of work by analyzing information gathered in conferences with supervisors and staff and review of case records, reports, and statistical data.
- Confers with unit supervisors regarding initial disciplinary actions, makes recommendations on written warnings and dismissals to administration.
- Participates in the selection of new employees; recommends hiring of supervisors.
- Evaluates performance of supervisors through written and verbal appraisals.
- Resolves conflicts between customer complaints and program satisfaction and compliance; interprets and explains functions of agency programs to customers and others including community agencies.
- Serves as back-up and consultant to on-call supervisors for all after-hours activity.
- Any other duty as necessary, including assisting with any public health emergency including but not limited to natural disasters, man-made disasters, influenza pandemics (e.g. H1N1) or other outbreaks of communicable diseases, disaster surveillance and response, to ensure the efficiency of the Health Department.
- Performs related duties as required.