Income Maintenance Investigator II
February 13, 2022
Posted February 1, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose An Income Maintenance Investigator II works under limited supervision with the responsibility of working with considerable independence in investigating fraud or alleged fraud cases in the income maintenance program for the Alamance County DSS. Work in this position requires reviewing clients' case files and making decisions as to the appropriate action to take in resolving the case. Responsibilities
- Works with clients and witnesses by gathering information through the interview process for the purpose of determining if a fraudulent act has occurred.
- Provide information to suspected clients, agency management, and judicial representatives based upon information obtained during the course of the investigative process.
- Works with sensitive information that has the potential for subjecting the employee to controversial situations.
- Works with income maintenance staff for the purpose of establishing the validity of the alleged fraud and for clarifications of any supporting documentation.
- Responsible for working with the judicial system in preparation and processing of fraud cases through the court system.
- An Associate's Degree in Human Services Technology, Social Services, Paralegal, Technology, Criminal Justice, Business Administration or like field of study, with two years of experience in Income Maintenance as a Caseworker or Investigator, preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required with three years of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker or Income Maintenance Investigator
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required with two years of investigative experience in credit, legal, or law enforcement work plus eighteen months of experience as an Income Maintenance Caseworker or Income Maintenance Investigator or equivalent combination of training and experience.