SW III – Adult Services Applicant Pool
February 14, 2022
Posted February 1, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job PurposeThe primary purpose of this position will be to provide Adult Protective Services, Evaluation and Treatment services to a caseload of approximately 15-20 adults and will encompass the full range of services to disabled adults in need of protective services. Responsibilities include evaluating reports of alleged abuse, neglect, or exploitation of disabled adults. Employees within this position have regular contact with medical providers, law enforcement and other community agencies that serve adults. To be effective in this position you must have a thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques, and practices and their application to complex casework, group work and community problems.
- Provides intensive case evaluation and assessment for elderly and disabled adults who are in serious and complication situations associated with abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Attends court proceedings and work cooperatively with the Agency legal staff to draft petitions; prepare court reports and necessary documents; and testify in court in support of the Agency position in legal matters.
- Must often work with complex and involved family dynamics, acute to severe medical and/or emotional disorders and mental illnesses that the client may possess as well as handle emergencies and crises as they arise-on an almost daily basis.
- Serves as back up for emergency intake services during office hours.
- Serves on-call on a rotation basis with other staff to receive reports involving allegations of abuse or neglect of adults after hours and on weekends.