Income Maintenance Supervisor II
November 15, 2020
Posted November 10, 2020
Carteret County Department of Social Services
210 Craven Street
Responsible for the administrative and technical supervision of Income Maintenance Caseworker II staff on a day-to-day basis. Programs supervised include Medicaid, Work First, and Food Nutrition Services. Work is performed under the supervision of the Economic Services Program Manager and is evaluated by a review of records, reports, discussions, and by observation.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and complaints in person, via email, and phone.
- Organizes and conducts meetings with the work unit, agency, service providers, and general public as needed.
- Develops schedules; assigns, directs and inspects the work of assigned staff; coaches, counsels, disciplines, and evaluates the work of assigned personnel; recommends transfers, promotions, demotions, suspensions, and terminations.
- Reviews case files to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, rules, and regulations; tracks quality, quantity, and timeliness of cases being resolved.
- Trains staff in the application of existing and new policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and other types of correspondence; maintains case logs; prepares and maintains files and records.
- Enters a variety of data into various computer systems.
- Plans short and long range work operations, priorities, and goals.