Office Assistant IV

Work Type

Position Number

$23,286.00 - $36,318.00

Closing Date
April 16, 2021
Posted April 1, 2021

Agency Name
Wayne County Department of Social Services

Work County

Job Contact
To Apply: Submit a completed PD-107 (state application) to Brenda Melvin, Wayne County DSS, 301 N. Herman Street, Box HH, Goldsboro, NC 27530. Unsigned or incomplete applications will not be processed.

Job Location
301 N. Herman Street
North Carolina
Job Description

Description of Job:    The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Supervisor II and Supervisor I’s with the day to day duties of the Child Support Unit.  This includes providing administrative assistance to the Child Support unit and customer service to Child Support customers.  Approximately 75% of the employee’s time is spent on administrative duties, including performing notary services within the Child support Unit.  The remaining 25% is spent working with Child Support customers. Customer service is provided by telephone and in person on a continuous basis. Employee also serves as backup for Child Support receptionist and is involved with the processing of incoming and outgoing mail. Employee performs administrative duties of a responsible and confidential nature; produces quality work with close attention to detail; works as a team player to produce needed outcomes and has to make good, sound judgment decisions.   This employee will learn and use programs Compass Pilot and Compass Appointments as required by position to do, but not limited to: request leave, schedule/receive appropriate appointments, set up virtual files, scan/retrieve documents, receive and send tasks. This employee will learn and use ACTS. This employee will attend the Public Notary training as soon as possible after employment. Educational/Experience Requirements:
  • Graduation from high school and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through at least two years of office assistant/secretarial experience; or
  • An equivalent combination of training and experience.
  • All applicants will be required to take a computer skills test.