Family and Children’s Services
October 18, 2022
Posted September 23, 2022
Alamance County Social Services
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Road
Job Purpose Alamance County Department of Social Services is seeking qualified applicants for a Social Worker Investigative/Assessment & Treatment (SW I/A & T) position in our Child Welfare Services division. Positions applicable to the SW I/A & T designation include Assessments, Investigations, In-Home Services and Foster Care. Within these positions the social worker would have the primary purpose to assess children’s safety, risk and well-being up until 18 years of age who are alleged to be abused, neglected and/or dependent by their parents, guardians or caretakers. This position requires a thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices and their application of this knowledge to complex casework, caseload management and evaluation of children who allegedly has been or are abused, neglected and/or are dependent. Additionally necessary is thorough knowledge of policies and procedures as evidenced by their ability to cite the authority of federal and state law; individual and group behavior family dynamics, medical, behavioral and/or psychosocial problems and their treatment theory. Responsibilities Responsibilities are applicable to one or more areas of service included in this posting:
- Responsible for initiating and conducting Family and Investigative Assessments.
- Transports clients safely and responsibly.
- Prepares investigative reports for the court, case record, narratives for all contacts made during the investigation and treatment plans effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for court preparation and testimony as an expert witness for court cases and hearings.
- Works with the public who at times may not agree with the laws, rules or policies of the process or the program and must motivate and interact for the safety of all involved.